SCHOOL OFFICE: 01793 527679

Safeguarding Information Area

Holy Cross is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff and volunteers undertake an enhanced DBS check.  The school’s Designated Safeguarding staff are:

  • Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL): Mrs Karen Salter
  • Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs Elaine O’Neill
  • Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs Sam Dowdeswell

Education Helpline

How to contact the Report Abuse in Education helpline

This service will be run by NSPCC helpline professionals who will respond to calls during their normal hours, which are Monday to Friday 8am – 10pm and weekends 9am – 6pm.

If you are concerned about something, you can contact the NSPCC helpline Report Abuse in Education on 0800 136 663 or email

The school has a duty of care and the right to take reasonable action to ensure the welfare and safety of its pupils. If the school has cause to be concerned that a pupil may be subject to ill-treatment, neglect or any other form of abuse, the school will follow Child Protection Procedures – first meeting with parents/carers (if appropriate) and then, if a satisfactory conclusion is not evident or concerns remain for the well-being of the child, referral of the case to Social Services for investigation.

Please refer to the policies page for more information regarding Child Protection Procedures within Holy Cross. On this page you will also find other policies that might be of interest to you.

Think U Know

The Think U Know website is very useful. It offers advice on making sure your children are safe online. It has advice on applying parent filters and how  to talk to children about staying online. It also has films, cartoons and games for children about online safety.

You can follow the link below to find out more:

Think U Know Website


If you are worried about the way someone has been communicating with your child online, you can make a report to one of the CEOP’s Child Protection Advisors. You can do this via their website.